Can you do SEO on Google sites?
Yes, it is possible to optimize a website built with Google Sites for search engines. Here are some steps you can take to improve the search engine optimization (SEO) of your Google Sites website:
- Choose a clear and descriptive page title and URL: The title of your page and the URL of your page should accurately reflect the content of your page and be easy for users and search engines to understand.
- Use header tags: Use header tags (H1, H2, etc.) to structure the content on your page and make it easier for users and search engines to understand the main points and hierarchy of your content.
- Use alt text for images: Alt text is a brief description of an image that is displayed if the image cannot be displayed for some reason. Alt text can help search engines understand the content of your images and improve the accessibility of your site.
- Use descriptive and relevant meta descriptions: Meta descriptions are short descriptions that appear in search results and give users an idea of what your page is about. Make sure to use descriptive and relevant meta descriptions that accurately reflect the content of your page.
- Use keyword-rich content: Use keywords throughout your content in a natural way, but avoid keyword stuffing. This can help search engines understand the content of your page and improve your ranking in search results.
- Make your site mobile-friendly: With more and more users accessing the internet from their mobile devices, it’s important to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. Google’s search algorithm takes into account the mobile-friendliness of a site when ranking pages in search results.
By following these best practices, you can improve the SEO of your Google Sites website and make it more visible to search engines and users.
Leave a Reply